SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Little Builderz uses social media, mainly our website, Facebook and Instagram as an extra way of communicating with parents/guardians. Photographs/recordings of children are only taken during our Lego camps and not during our stay and play workshops.
- Parents/guardians will need to complete a consent form prior to their child starting a camp.
- Consent will be obtained from parents/guardians before an image/recording of a child is uploaded on any social media platform.
- Where group photographs of children are taken, the image will be edited in accordance to those parents/guardians who have not given consent for their child’s photograph to be taken.
- Parents/guardians will need to first obtain the consent of Little Builderz before taking any images or recordings during or Camps and Stay and Play workshops.
- Current GDPR guidelines will be adhered to at all times.
Little Builderz prioritises a healthy and safe environment for both children and staff. Please refrain from bringing your child to our camp or workshop if your child be sick or displaying any symptoms.
In line with the Government and HSE current guidelines all parents will be required to complete a Covid-19 Health Questionnaire on behalf of their child prior to attending any of our sessions.
We understand that accidents happen from time to time but we will do our best to try and prevent them from happening.
Should an accident occur the following will be adhered to:
- Treatment of the child will be assessed and if needed First Aid will be administered by someone who is fully trained to do so.
- Should the child require further treatment by a doctor/hospital the parents/guardians will be informed immediately.
- Should the injury be that of a minor nature the parent/guardian will be required to sign an accident/incident report form when the child is collected.
- A fully stocked first aid kit will always be at the venue with items easily identifiable.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Little Builderz is committed to protecting the health and safety of all children, parents/guardians attending our camp and stay and play workshops. Prior to Little Builderz confirming a venue/hall for our camps and stay and play workshops, a risk assessment of that venue is always done to minimise any risk to both children and staff.
- Parents/guardians need to “sign in” their child confirming their attendance. They also need to sign the child out when the session is over. If another parent/guardian is collecting the child, Little Builderz needs to be made aware of this before the camp/workshop starts.
- Parents are not permitted to stay in the hall during our camps or workshops.
- All doors are securely locked once our camps and workshops commence and are only opened by a staff member.
- The area is checked to ensure it is free from hazards.
- The Adult/Child ratio is maintained at all times.
Keeping all children and staff safe in these current times is our utmost priority.
If your child or any member of your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms please DO NOT attend our camp or workshops. Symptoms include:
- High fever (above 38-degree Celsius)
- Difficulty breathing
Likewise, if the child or any member of their household are awaiting swab testing or swab testing results, have been in contact with a person confirmed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days or have recently returned from a country not on the green list of countries to visit please DO NOT attend our camp or workshop.
- All children’s temperatures will be taken with a contactless thermometer before entering the camp or workshop.
- To reduce the amount of people coming into the venue all parents and guardians are asked to wait outside the venue and a Little Builderz staff member will come outside and bring your child into the activity.
- The same will apply when the camp or workshop is over. All children will be brought outside the venue by a Little Builderz staff member and will only be allowed to leave when the parent/guardian is there.
- Hand sanitiser, soap and water is available for both children and staff. Everybody is required to use either hand sanitiser or wash their hands before our camp or workshop and will also be asked to do the same before leaving. It will also be available at all times for your child to use should they wish to do so.
- Should a child become ill with COVID-19 symptoms during our camp or workshop they will be escorted by a staff member to an isolation room. A face mask for both the staff member and child will be provided. The parent/guardian will then be contacted immediately to come and pick the child up.
All children attending our Summer Camps are required to bring a small packed lunch and a drink. These items need to be clearly labelled with the child’s name and no sharing of personal items is allowed.